Pinterest users has 70 million users and is growing rapidly. With this in mind it’s no wonder us bloggers are harnessing the power of Pinterst to drive traffic to their blogs via great images.
80% of pins are repins and the top number of boards are include fashion, weddings and food. Wouldn’t it be great if some of these pins were your blog posts?!
According to digital trends.com the number of mobile phone users is set to exceed the world’s population by this year. (That’s a stonking 7.3 billion users!)
I am a self confessed Pinterest addict. (Find me at ) http://www.pinterest.com/StyleCreative1/
The Pinterest Bookmarklet is a handy way to pin images from the mobile web (and therefore direct from your blog site), not just uploading from your phone. In turn getting the benefit of getting that all important blog link back as well as being an easy way to pin without logging on to your desktop.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your pinterest.com on your iphone safari
- Add a bookmark in your phone by tapping the box and arrow icon at the top of the page on ipad or bottom of the screen on the iphone and the bookmark button
- Name it as “Pin in”. Click Save
- Still in safari tap the Bookmark menu on your phone – the one that looks like an open book at the bottom of the safari page. Go to your new pin it bookmark click edit and in the address section, under it delete the pinterest.com and paste in the following code
[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
- Now you are free to upload your blog images straight to pinterest all from your phone! Hurrah! All you have to go is go to your blog page in safari on your iphone, click on the bookmark menu, select your new pin it bookmark, then choose your images and away you go!